Pandemic - Why prepare?
As a main financial service provider for this area, Wainwright Credit Union has developed a preventive program with the intent of reducing the likelihood that our operations will be significantly affected by a pandemic event. Part of this pandemic preparedness program is to keep you informed as to the current pandemic phase as outlined by the World Health Organization (WHO). Please read on and/or follow the links to become familiar with the facts surrounding a pandemic.
Pandemic – What is it?
- Also see page 2 of the Influenza Self Care booklet (click book image below)
Pandemic – Current WHO Pandemic Phase:
Pandemic – Latest News:
- WHO - www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/updates/en/index.html
- Health Canada - www.hc-sc.gc.ca/index-eng.php
- H1N1 Virus Information - www.fightflu.ca
Pandemic – Prevention Measures:
See pages 7 – 14 of the Influenza Self Care booklet (click book image below)
- Handwashing techniques – see pages 12 & 13
- Respiratory hygiene – see page 14
Pandemic – Fact Sheet:
- World Health Organization - www.who.int/en/